If you’re like me, school starts in exactly one week. Some of you have probably already been in school a week or two. If that’s the case, I’m sorry for the delayed post! I’m about to embark on my senior year of college! I can’t even believe it, but after three years, I know what you need to have a successful semester/year in college. None of these are too far off the beaten path, but they’re definitely my favorites when shopping for back to school.
- first things first, an agenda! My favorite is none other than the large Lilly Pulitzer agenda. Some people can survive by typing what they need to do on their laptops or phones, or even worse, taking mental notes — yikes! I’m the kinda girl that must write things down. I like to be on top of everything and crossing things off my to-do list.
- A five-subject notebook. Most college students only take a max of 15 credit hours, or 5 classes. Hence the five-subject notebook. After three years it’s all I’ve ever needed. And it helps if it’s pink.
- Next, some kind of backpack or tote. My freshman year I bounced between a huge Jansport backpack and a Victoria’s Secret PINK tote. The Jansport was way too big and the tote hurt my shoulder and wasn’t practical. Then I received my Vera Bradley backpack for Christmas and it was the perfect match! Not only was the print bright and cheerful, but it was also the perfect size. Not too small and not too big.
- In the same vain, is the Vera ID holder and/or the Vera cell/ID holder. Of course they don’t have to be Vera, but, hey, they’re pretty. Your ID and cell should always always be easily accessible.
- Must. Have. Umbrella. End of story. You never know when it’s going to start pouring right as you’re walking to your next class. Make sure to purchase a small one that will fit right into your backpack or tote.
- You should always carry a tumbler or water bottle. No need to waste plastic and you have to stay hydrated because you never know just how long you might be on campus.
- Sticky notes are a girl’s best friend. Along with my agenda, I like to write things I must get done that day on sticky notes and place them on the outside of my agenda or on my laptop where I know I can’t miss it.
- An array of pretty highlighters is also a must. I love color coordinating with my notes and my class to-do lists in my agenda. It makes your life a whole lot easier, I promise you. Oh, and pens, too. I never opt for pencils unless you unfortunately have to take a math class…I’m sorry.
- Not a must-have, but a nice item to own — rain boots. They come in handy and can be pretty darn cute for all day wear.
- Last, but not least, some kind of pencil pouch. Not necessary, but if you’re an organization freak like me, you’ll respect it.
That’s it folks! Good luck and have a great upcoming school year :)